Monday, March 15, 2010

About Me

About Me:

Brief History: I was born on May 15. My mother came from a very southern area, where child abuse, and illiteracy were dominant. She rose above her childhood and got out of her town. She left her family (mostly) behind, because of the way they treated her. In many ways I wish I had her strength, Cause I don't know if I can leave her to make it better for my kids. I have three children whom I love deeply. I am not married, nor have I ever been. I was abused as a child by my "father" and a few other people. It caused some deep (well not so deep) rooted issues that have tainted my life in many ways. I would not say it ruined me, cause I am not ruined. I am different. And sometimes it is, for the lack of a better word, good to go through bad times because it cultivates you and forces you to grow in ways you would have never before. Some of the issues I have are the same ones that other people have; Money, sex, friendships, job, environment, ailing parent(s) etc. Some of the "issues" I have are very different. But we are all different, and we all have different "problems" in life.

On a side note: I use "quotations" around words very often to illustrate my disdain for labels, or hidden meanings that people attach to those certain words.

I like to write poetry, and often only do so when I am in a very dark place emotionally. Therefore most of my writings are darkly colored and very emotional. Most of them have the same theme, cause often my pain comes from the same place. You might think my poetry is very simple, and rather uneducated. And to that I say, yes it is. I have never had a formal education in writing. I do what comes to my mind. I rhyme the way I feel it come to me. I use a lot of words repeatedly in different poems, again because of the muse for my writings is often the same. Occasionally I will do have a very specific goal in my writing, and those poems you can tell from the others. I can go for months at a time without writing anything. Simply cause that is the way my brain works. I need time off from the intensity that my poems cause, or the intensity that causes my poems to come to life.

Well I guess that is as much about me as you need to know right now. But you might need to know that I do often share a lot of myself. That is why I put an "adult" label on my page. Mostly because I know sometimes I get very angry and I might write words that some people don't want to read. Sometimes the subject matter will be very sensitive, that it could damage young ears. Hell, it could damage old ears..lol I am not telling you I can foresee that I will write a whole lot of cussing, or not. But I do believe in full disclosure.

So now that you have been informed, the honor is mine, if you would like to read, comment, befriend me, or just share in the pain that I have, then you are welcome to join my page. OR what ever it is that they call it these days. I don't want you to "follow me" in the sense that I don't think that anyone should live my life. But your welcome to follow my experience as you will.

Thank you for reading..

You have me,
(if you will),
not all of me,
but you have
All of me's

No comments:

Post a Comment